Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves stashing and/or sharing particular web content on a server handled by a website hosting company. There are various groups of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a site, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by some vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts frequently involve ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between separate hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is good if you want to share an enormous number of pics with buddies or associates since the service is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to managing your mail addresses. Some providers provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to run a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At WebHostNinja, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular web content solely.